In June, Fathers’ Day Weekend, Peace is throwing a father-daughter masquerade ball in support of encouraging healthy relationships with our children and those daughters we may be standing in the gap for.
Plan to dress up in your finest & then come dance the evening away while enjoying
all that is planned for the fathers and daughters on this day!
Seating is limited
- When is the PBC Father Daughter Masquerade Ball?
Date: Saturday, June 17, 2017 (Father’s Day Weekend)
Time: 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm (doors open at 4:00 pm)
Location: PBC Fellowship Lounge (Fellowship Hall)
- What is the purpose of the Father Daughter Masquerade Ball?
- The purpose of this event is to:
- Help nurture strong and supportive relationships between fathers and their daughters;
- Provide an opportunity for girls/young women who might not have a consistent father-figure in their lives to connect with a positive male mentor/father figure;
- Provide an opportunity for at-risk young women to connect with their father/father-figure/male mentor, and
- Provide an opportunity for dads who are returning citizens to connect with their daughters.
- What is the cost to attend the PBC Father Daughter Masquerade Ball?
Tickets cost $35/ father-daughter couple. Each additional child is $5.
- What is included in my ticket price?
$35 includes the admission for (1) father-daughter couple; masks for father and daughter (basic), party appetizers and beverages, dessert bar, keepsake picture, and an evening full of dancing and memories.
- Is the Father Daughter Masquerade Ball only for dads with minor children?
Fathers with daughters of any age are welcome to attend (adult daughters, too!)! This event is most appropriate for daughters’ age five and over.
- What if I want to bring more than one daughter?
You are welcome to bring more than one daughter. Each additional daughter is $5.
- What if I want to bring my granddaughter, niece, cousin or “daughter-like” figure in her father’s absence?
The purpose of this event is to strengthen family bonds and affirm girls and young women that the most important men in their lives love them. Thus, fathers and father figures are welcome to attend the ball.
- I want my daughter to have this experience, but she does not have a consistent father/father-figure in her life. Can she attend this event?
The Father-Daughter Masquerade Ball is a special opportunity for girls and young women to be affirmed that they are loved and valued in God’s eyes. Select male mentors from the PBC Joshua Men are prepared to escort any daughter whose father is not present (with their mother/guardian’s permission). The Joshua Men escorts have already been screened, and are men of good character and high moral standards. Daughters 12 years old or older are invited to request a Joshua Men escort if they so choose.
- What if I want to wear a mask fancier than the one provided in my ticket price?
You are welcome to decorate/embellish your complimentary mask to your taste! Alternatively, you can purchase a custom-created “fancier” mask for an additional $5 for small or $10 for large.
- I want to attend the PBC Father Daughter Masquerade Ball, but I am having a difficult time affording the ticket. Can I still come?
Interested attendees are welcome to pay towards their ticket cost until the final registration date of June 11. A limited amount of ministry funds has been set aside to help cover the cost of attendance for those who are truly in need.